    I have been searching for the original Eliot essay for the
following citation.  In his "Frontiers of Criticism" essay (On Poetry
and Poets, 1957), Eliot says that "Many years ago I pointed out that
every generation must provide its own literary criticism; for as I
said, 'each generation brings to the contemplation of art its own
categories of appreciation, makes its own demands upon art, and has
its own uses for art.'"  Can someone tell me the essay in which Eliot
first made the "each generation brings to the contemplation of
art..." statement?  I've searched through the on-line version of the
Sacred Wood and have enjoyed flipping through pages of other essays
from "many years" before 1957, but I cannot find the original
statement.  Thank you for considering my request.
Sincerely,
David