I had three WHIMBRELS at Riverlands MBS, St. Charles co this afternoon
before the storms hit.
They were out on the mudflats in Ellis Bay. They started about just past the
35 MPH sign on Riverlands Way and worked their way east toward the
Observation Tower.....well within MO soil/water.

First had them at 2:30 PM and the birds were still there at ~ 5 PM but the
storm was coming through and all the shorebirds were moving around a lot. I
left too after driving through last year's storms.

And YES I am documenting it.
I didn't have the camera equipment with me (otherwise known as Jim), but
hopefully the pictures that Tom Bormann and Joe Eades took turned out
OK....... It WAS pretty windy.
FINE Whimbrel and Ruff type weather though.

Other shorebirds:
Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs, Am. Golden Plovers, Pects, Killdeer.
Lots of Bonies and TONS of Pelicans and Cormorants.

Forgot to look through the swallows for anything new or rare.(Cave swallow
in Ark.)

Dan Kassebaum still had the Marbled Godwit at White-tail Access at Carlyle.
Tons of shorebirds there.

Later,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.