Dear MoBirders,

I went out to Eagle Bluffs today for a late Lunch Birding "Fix", and was
Delighted to see a few "New" for me this year in Missouri Birds!!!

There was one Double-Crested Cormorant flying here and there around the
Distribution Channel. Then I came across (7-8) Pectoral Sandpipers on the
other side of the Channel that follows the SouthEast-bound One-way that
heads out to Pools 14 & 15 (I'm Guessing where Pool 10 would be if it were
Flooded...), they were in and around a small Puddle/Muddy Area with some
Red-Winged Blackbirds... Then shortly down the same One-way, there were
(2) American Golden Plovers, on the way back going the Opposite way I Ended
up with a Total of (9-11) of them. The Great Egret that Edge Wade Reported
was still in Pool 15, or what's Left of it, as were Many Great Blue Herons, (10-
11) Wilson's Snipe and (4-5) Tree Swallows - I later Counted around (13-15)
of them, here and there in Different Locations... Then after passing through
the One-way heading out to the Distribution Channel, I saw (2) male Red-
Breasted Mergansers straight ahead!!! There were also a Very Great Many
(1000++) Snow Geese, Many (100+) American White Pelicans, (1000's) of
American Coots, and Hundreds of the other Usual Waterfowl (Namely: Mallards,
Gadwall, No. Shovelers, both Teal Species, and Canadas). I saw at least (2)
Northern Harriers, (10-12) Turkey Vultures, one Adult Bald Eagle, (100's) of
Red-Winged Blackbirds, (2-3) Brown-Headed Cowbirds, Starlings, Sparrows,
Horned Larks and (8-10) Northern Flickers... NO Yellowlegs, Eastern Screech
Owl or Anything else that would be Really Interesting... Though I Believe that I
Heard a DICKCISSEL out in the Field on your Right as you are heading towards
the Distribution Channel... I Searched Everywhere out there for him, as I Know
that it's Too Early for them..., but didn't have Any Luck, even though he
Called three or four times... Please let me know if Anyone else Sees or Hears
him... Also, has Anyone Seen the Belted Kingfishers lately, I Haven't seen them
for almost Month or more???

The male Red-Breasted Mergansers were Gorgeous!!!

Not much going on at Rock Bridge State Park or the Gans Creek Area either...

Please Take Care and Good Birding!!!

Yours,
Jonathan B. Pons
Columbia, Boone County