Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.0 - MOBIRDS-L Archives

On late Sunday afternoon, Jackie Chain and I drove parts of the Hwy 79 corridor.  On the river side of the Keeteman Road loop north of Old Monroe where Charlene had reported the Am.Golden Plovers, we found only a few Horned Larks, Killdeer and American Tree Sparrows. Plover could easily have been overlooked in the fields beyond the burned shoulders.

  On the King's Lake tract of BK Leach CA , we saw with the aid of "golden" sunlight an adult Bald Eagle, a sub-adult and two or three golden brown eagles in the distance near water along the levee parallel to Mississippi River sitting on the mudflats. We tried to turn one into a golden eagle, but with much scope study, Jackie determined the gold appearance was on the folded wings, not the back of the head. It was nice to speculate, though. We enjoyed very close looks at a nice variety of waterfowl on open water.. I was particularly pleased to see closely a Northern Pintail male with his distinctive markings.

  As we made our way past the ponds a raptor flew quickly before our vehicle. Jackie made the ID of a Peregrine Falcon, a FOY for her. We saw also Red-tailed Hawks and Am Kestrels. There were many Eastern Meadowlarks, Horned Larks, and Killdeer along the road. Returning home on Hwy 79, Jackie saw seven wild turkeys along the roadside south of Winfield, MO.

  It was nice, much warmer than Saturday, to be out in the country.

  Jane Allen,
  St. Louis County

bye, Jane