Dear MoBirders,

I went out to Bradford Farm around 10:30 this morning Hoping to find the
American Golden Plovers, I Searched Everywhere, but alas it was not meant to
be... The Farm was pretty dead, save for the 100+ Killdeer & American Robins,
and the other Usual Birdies...

So then I headed out to Eagle Bluffs, it also wasn't very Birdy, but I did see
(2) Pectoral Sandpipers, (2) Lesser Yellowlegs, 25+ Wilson's Snipe (Most of the
previous three were on the Mudflats of Pool 15), 50++ American White
Pelicans (out in the Pools behind the Distribution Channel), Handfulls of the
other Usual Waterfowl (Including the 1000's of American Coots!!!) and (2) Tree
Swallows ...

Later in the Afternoon, Michelle wanted me to take her out Birding, so off we
went to Bradford Farm...

Again, the Farm wasn't too Birdy, all we saw that was of Any Interest was a
single Wilson's Snipe in the Grass on the Road up from the Brushpile..., kind of
Disapointing...

So off to Eagle Bluffs... Once we got there we Checked on the Eastern
Screech Owl and sure enough he was Sunning himself (in the Second Duck
Box, after the River Access Turnoff, on the Main Road into Eagle Bluffs). We
then headed on down the Road and just as we were pulling up to the First
Pool, some Birds caught my eye near the Road opposite the Pumping Station...
AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVERS in Non-Breeding/Juvenile Plumage!!! There were
at least (6) of them, but possibly more... (I had been Searching for them in
their Summer Plumage, though I'm still sure that All I saw at Bradford were
Killdeer...) A Missouri First for both of us!!! Then we headed on down the road
and saw pretty much what I saw earlier, though the Pectoral Sandpipers,
Lesser Yellowlegs and Tree Swallows were gone, and there were only (5)
American White Pelicans still around... On the way out though, we saw a Great
Horned Owl in the Tree closest to the road near the beginning of the
Distribution Channel!!!

All in all, it was Much Better the second go around!!! Thanks Michelle!!! Please
Take Care.

Yours,
Jonathan B. Pons
Columbia, Boone County