Traveled to MU campus yesterday to do some research in the library.
Finished a little after 5:00 and decided to visit Eagle Bluffs before
returning home.  It was a good day to be there.

Mallards, N. Shovelers, and Coots in good numbers as are Blue-wing and
Green-wing teal.  An a really large number of Am. White Pelicans were "over
behind" some weeds with only their heads sticking up.  A few were wheeling
in the air south of the large group on the ground.  Found one Pied-bill
Grebe and a couple of Ring-necked Ducks.  Killdeer and Wilson Snipes seemed
to be on every mud flat toward the south end and along the second one-way
loop.  Spotted a couple of Lesser Yellowlegs across the road from the south
end of the second loop - a good find for me since I still have trouble with
shorebirds.

Red-tailed Hawks were easily found.  A couple of Northern Harriers were kind
enough to show up.

The highlight of the day for me as to spot the Golden Eagle reported earlier
and then, as leaving the area, spotted an immature Bald Eagle.

All in all it was a good couple of hours in the field after being in the
library most of the day.

Clint Trammel
Rolla, MO