Sat with Jim at the bubbler yesterday and watched the new arrivals.  He
had seen an Eastern towhee, titmouse, and pheobes already.   The littler
birds are loving to dig in the straw covering the recently repaired
pipeline, and we watched song, fox, and white-throated sparrows, and an
Oregon junco.

A FOY  brown creeper arrived as we watched.  Chickadees, YB sapsuckers,
flickers, red-bellied, downy, and hairy woodpeckers are here.

And two days ago I had a male Northern Harrier swoop by not far above eye
level, white rump patch flashing as he exited the park.  Don't have a
clue what he was doing in this part of the city.

Out-of-towners who visit during warbler season will notice more open
space in the park.  The tree service is still removing trees damaged last
year by wind in August and ice in November.

Gail Ahumada
St. Louis  MO