Spent a rainy late afternoon and evening today at Busch CA and surroundings.

On the Weldon Springs/Blue Grosbeak trail there was at least one HARRIS
SPARROW as has been reported previously. I saw a bird on the left hand side
(walking from the parking lot) not far from the start of the trail. It was
directly across from where the first side trail splits off to the right and
doubles back a bit. On my way back, I refound it (or saw a second bird) in
the fields on the same side even closer to the trailhead. Also along the
trail were:

Song, Fox, White-crowned, White-throated Sp.
Wood Duck (4)
Killdeer

At Busch, I had close eye-level views of a very wet PINE WARBLER who came to
the feeders at the Fallen Oak Trail. Probably my best looks at this bird to
date... I bet he'll be singing on territory tomorrow morning! Also there were
E. Bluebirds, E. Towhee, and more regulars. Lake 33 had Bufflehead, Hooded
Mergansers, a Pied-billed Grebe, and a Barred Owl perched on the side of the
road in full view. Couldn't find any swallow species.

I ended the day near lake 36 where the Woodcocks put on a great show (along
with the bats) accompanied by a chorus of at least 3 frog species.

Nice evening after all, despite the rain.

-Steven Ewer, St. Louis