Highlights:  American Pipit, 1W Great Black-backed Gull, Horned Grebe, GT Grackles, Rusty and Brewers Blackbirds, Purple Martin

  Notable as No-Shows:  bald eagles near IL Hwy 143 nest, snow geese, swans, n harriers. Eurasian collared doves on Payne Rd (sorry, Les)

  A warm welcome to two first-time Thursday birders Teresa Wetzel and Joe Whittington who independently joined us yesterday morning.  We hope to see you again soon.

  We made a quick stop at Creve Coeur Lake where Joe spotted a Pileated Woodpecker for the group.  There were Ring-billed Gulls, Ruddy Ducks, Scaup species, Ring-necked Ducks, Am Coots and one Horned Grebe...all on the far side of the lake.

  Margie Richardson counted 10 Red-tailed Hawks in the course of the day's birding. We totaled 50 species (no doubt overlooked a few).

  Angus Farm at Seeberger and Church Roads in St Charles County
  Great-tailed Grackles
  Rusty Blackbirds
  Brewers Blackbirds
  Red-winged Blackbirds
  Brown-headed Cowbird
  European Starlings
  Horned Larks
  Lapland Longspur
  Am Kestrels

  Hideaway Harbor St Charles County Park
  Eagle's nest at Snug Harbor seen from Hwy 94 by Margie Richardson and Sue Schoening
  Large flock of DC Cormorants
  Flights of Am White Pelicans
  4 Great Blue Herons
  3 adult and 1 immature Bald Eagle seen from shore
  DE Juncos

  Portage des Sioux area
  More Am White Pelicans
  More Ring-billed Gulls
  Lesser Scaup drake - 1
  Downy Woodpecker imitating Brown Creeper
  Mourning Doves
  House Sparrows
  Blue Jays
  Am Robins
  N Cardinals
  N Mockingbird
  Purple Martin scout seen by birders in last car
  Am Crows

  Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary area Illinois and Missouri
    Am Pipit -1 refound by Les Jenkins after finding it on Saturday - heartfelt thanks!

  Canada Geese
  Gadwall
  Mallards
  N Shovelers
  Canvasbacks
  Lesser Scaup
  Ring-necked Ducks
  Bufflehead
  C Goldeneye
  C Merganser
  Red-breasted Mergansers
  Ruddy Ducks
  Horned Grebe - 1 closeup from Ellis Island parking lot
  DC Cormorants - more
  Bald Eagles - very few
  Kildeer
  White-crowned Sparrows
  American Tree Sparrow ) sharing a small tree by HQ
  Eurasian Tree Sparrow  )
  Belted Kingfisher - Lincoln Shields
  Great Black-backed Gull 1W - poss. same bird found by David Becher on WGNSS Sat trip
  Herring Gulls
  Ring-billed Gulls - more
  Am White Pelicans - more - est 1000+ but fewer than Saturday
  Turkey Vultures seen as we headed headed home from RMBS

  Arachnid List! - a mass hatching of nickel-sized black spiders running over the rip-rap
                         along Riverlands Way.  Les pointed out these were what the Pipit was
                         feeding on at the sandy "peninsula" across from Weiss Rd intersection
                         with Riverlands Way.  Do spiders hatch?  Does anyone know what species
                         they might have been?

  Jackie Chain
  St Louis County