Dear MoBirders,

I was out at Eagle Bluffs CA, Boone County this afternoon (3:30-5:00) in the
midst of their Spring-time "Burn"... VERY SMOKY!!!! Came across many of the
most common Waterfowl: 100's of Northern Shovelers, 40 or so Gadwall, a
handfull of Mallards, 75-100++ Canada's, 35-40+ Green-Winged Teal, 100's of
Coots,  100 or so Lesser Scaup (a few Looked like they were GREATERS...???),
3 Northern Pintails, 1 Pied-Billed Grebe, and a few others that "Looked"
Different but were too far away to tell... There were also Many Raptors Flying
and in the Trees, as well as 23++ Killdeer all over the place...

I also saw the Lovely little Gray Morph EASTERN SCREECH-OWL Sunning
him/herself in a Different Box from the last time I saw it...??? Are there More
than one of them out there, or do they Change Boxes...???

Then back at Pool 15, I came across (6) Wilson's Snipe in the ever growing
Mudflats and (4-6) SANDPIPERS that reminded me of SOLITARY SANDPIPERS
(though they never did Any "Head-Bobbing"...) or maybe PECTORAL
SANDPIPERS (though I couldn't really tell what Colour they were, nor did I see
any other Distinguising Characteristics...). The Sandpipers, were a little smaller
than the Snipe, and seemed to be "Stretched-out"... They were somewhat
Thin with a Short and Narrow Bill and seemed to have a Darker Area on their
Chests down towards their Belly... The Sun was Horrible at this time and no
matter how I tried to Look at them it was Hindering a Closer/More Detailed
Look, so I don't know much more than this, and couldn't really see any more
Detail... Did Anyone else See them???

Also in and around Pool 15 were at least 6, but possibly 10 GULLS, I'm pretty
sure that they were RING-BILLED, but they only came close to where I was a
few times... They, along with a few Great-Blue Herons were Enjoying the Easy
Pickings of the Shallow Pools!!!

There were (2) Belted Kingfishers in the Pool (I Think Pool 6...???) down from
the Cormorant Trees... Where I also saw 18-20+ AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS
Flying in...

A Very Smoky hour and a half, but had some Interesting Birds none the less...
I'm probably going to head back out there tomorrow to see about those
Sandpipers, maybe I'll get a Better Look at them... Anyway... Please Take
Care.

Yours,
Jonathan B. Pons
Columbia, Boone County...