Finally got a good 3 hours to play with my scope that I got for Christmas
and my new camera!!!!

Not huge findings but enjoyed it none the less and did add two lifers to my
growing list.

2 Fox Sparrows
1 Pied Billed Grebe
2 Ring Necked Ducks
1 Eastern Phoebe
3 Ruddy Ducks
14 American Coot
1 Tufted Titmouse
1 Tree Swallow
30+ Red Winged Blackbirds
  Grackles
  Canadian Geese
  American Robin
2 Mallards

The areas I birded are the road along the pond just to the east before
turning on to the street that leads to the main entrance at Busch.  Ahden
Knight Hampton Memorial Lake,  lake 33 and the Wetlands.

They were doing controlled burns and don't know if something went awry or if
they just like to use their sirens - but either way the singing frogs really
responded to the sirens and sang even louder.

At home our Cedar Waxwings have finally moved on.  They have cleaned out
most but not all of the berries in our little cul-de-sac and a few
surrounding yards.  We are thrilled to have enjoyed their antics, whistling
and posing for photos for 17 days!  Whew!

The returning Grackles have been so kind as to chase away the starlings.

Also had an adult Brown Headed Cowbird and a fledgling on our deck long
enough to photograph yesterday.

Becca Secor
O'Fallon, MO

Happy Spring is Coming