Dear MoBirders,

Michelle and I were out at Eagle Bluffs today, she wanted to try to see the
Eastern Screech-Owl (We did see him sunning himself from quite a
Distance...), and I wanted to try find the American Pipit (No Luck...)... But,
after going through everything and on our way out, we saw (2 - Male &
Female) WOOD DUCKS in Full Plumage!!! They were Beautifull!!! They were at
the Bend of the Road, along the Distribution Channel, that heads back to Pool
8... The two of them were on a low branch of a Tree that was surrounded by
the remaining water left over from Hunting Season and a handful of Mallards...

There were also small numbers of BLUE-WINGED TEAL and GREEN-WINGED
TEAL, as well as many other regulars... Additionally, there were 22-25 Wilson's
Snipe here and there...

Earlier in the day, we were at Bradford Farm, Boone County Searching for the
SMITH'S LONGSPURS... and with a little Help from a Gentleman from California
named Walter (I Apologize if I have your Name wrong...), we Found them!!!
Unfortunately they Eluded us until Edge Wade, Patrick Harrison and others
arrived to Help us track them down... We had pretty good Views, but the little
guys Blended-in So Well with the Grasses and Stubble, that it was Definitely a
Learning Experience!!! THANKS GUYS!!!!

Lovely Day to go Birding!!! Please Take Care.

Yours,
Jonathan B. Pons
Columbia, Boone County