Bill Clark and I went to Marshall L. Diggs CA (southeast Audrain/west
Montgomery Co.), Wellsville Lake and Loutre Lick Access (both in
Montgomery Co.) this morning for CACHE survey.

Wellsville Lake was not worth the drive, Loutre Lick Access may have
had some potential, but we were limited on time there and it was
sprinkling heavily.

Diggs was pretty good birding in this not still winter/not yet spring
period.  We had 2 Eastern Towhees in two different areas, several
groups of lingering White-throated Sparrows and Dark-eyed Juncos, one
Fox Sparrow, a few American Tree Sparrows, one Field Sparrow,
numerous cardinals and blue jays.  It's a large area with several
parking areas with walking (2-track) trails nearby, and two fishing
lakes.

Diggs is an area that could provide some birding surprises if birded
more often.  There is some diversity of habitat.  One area was still
smoking from yesterday's burn.

Full lists on CACHE later.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO