MoBirders,
Tom Bormann and I birded Bradford Farms and Eagle Bluffs today with good luck.  We owe Jean Leonatti and the other Columbia birders who gave us a call about the Smith's Longspur location a debt of gratitude.  Many thanks, it was a lifer for Tom.

I don't know how reliable we are, but the Golden Eagle was an adult (after checking the plummage characteristics in the book, which we both left at home; originally we thought 2nd year), and was seen at the gate at the far end of pool 11/12.  It was perched in the third large tree to the right of the gate, and gave us a very nice look.  It flew off west over the river.  I noticed that there are bluffs in this location and I would look over them for a soaring bird.

We also had a Lesser Yellowlegs at EB. At Bradford we found a single winter male Harris's sparrow in the haybale/brushpile on the left side of the north running road (at the left turn; locals will know it, but the road is opposite the 3 awn access road).  We then had a Short-eared owl perched in the field across from the 3 awn at around 5:10 pm.

Thanks to Susan Hazelwood who helped us with counting the Smith's; I think it was 13.

Good Birding
Dave Rogles
St. Charles Co.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com