About 15 showed up for this mornings survey of Bradford Farms - great day to
be out.  Don't have time for full report, but we did re-locate the Smith's
Longspurs - 15 in fact - but not in the "usual place".  These birds were
located in the plowed field directly north (behind) the line of trucks with
trailers attached, immediately after you pass the metal buildings.  The
field was very muddy, with patches here and there of trampled down "whitish"
grasses - the longspurs seemed to favor the areas in and near these patches.
Walking around the grass border allowed looks and most importantly could
hear the calls.  It took a while, but everyone got great looks.  We also had
two LeConte's Sparrows and 3 SE owls - and LOTS of Killdeer during our tour.

Received a reliable report of Golden Eagle down at Eagle Bluffs, clearly
identified but last seen flying toward the river.  We could not relocate it
on our flying drive through EBCA in the afternoon.  Did find snipe and one
singing Western Meadowlark on the second one-way loop; and relied on Brad
Jacobs to radio us that he had found the American Pipit in the area that we
were sure none were!  Retraced our drive to Pool 15 and were able to see the
pipit while a large flock of American White Pelicans spiraled overhead.
What would we do without radios and birding friends!
Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO