Ah, spring!  I took an afternoon trip to Riverlands.  I was unable to join
the WGNSS group this morning, but felt the urge to check on spring
migration.  I was stunned by the numbers of White Pelicans and gulls.  Does
anyone else who has been there care to estimate the number of Pelicans?
There surely are thousands.  People--not birders necessarily--were staring
in awe at the wonderful display of white. I also saw my first tree swallow
of the year.  Probably not the most there have been certainly, but lots of
waterfowl were present.  I was pleased to see a pair of Buffleheads and a
small flock of green winged teal.  What a delightful time and place!

BTW, what are "they" doing to the woods down near the locks?  It seems lots
of trees have been removed and a roadway/path has been made.

Dorcas Wanner
St. Charles County

simple tips.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline