Larry Lade and I followed up on a tip of a Swan being seen for several days on a pond North of town of hwy 65. It turned out to be as I expected a Mute Swan. This is the second sighting of this species in the county this year. Don't know if same one or different as it was not in same area.

   We spent some time afterwards driving around that part of the County - where I or anyone else as far as I know almost never birds. We were rewarded with sightings of YB Sapsuckers, Red-headed Woodpeckers, Harris's Sparrow, Purple Finches, and 3 Loggerhead Shrikes besides more expected species. We had just been talking about not seeing any LOSH lately. Guess we need to check out different places more often!
    Heard lots of Eastern Meadowlarks singing, and couple of Western.

  Later, Steve Kinder
  Chillicothe, Livingston Co.