What a difference a day makes!  Bright, beautiful sunshine, no wind, and
temperatures approaching 40 degrees - a joy to be out.

Bradford Farm gave up some of its treasures today.  I made a morning trip
and a late afternoon trip.  Morning - all the sparrows were in the brushpile
including the Harris'.

Late afternoon we were fortunate enough to see the Rough-legged Hawk
hunting, hovering, flying and perching in the Bradford fields that are EAST
of Rangeline Road (opposite the entrance).  Then Jonathon Pons was exiting
Bradford and told us they had Lapland Longspurs, we found them easily in the
fields on the northeast corner of where the two gravel roads intersection.
Several came out on the road for gravel; greats views, lots of different
plumages to enjoy.  Then the Short-eared Owls were up at about 3:30p.

Mid-day took some little boys out to Eagle Bluffs to see, what else ....
eagles.  While there, a big flock of snow geese flew over the property
harassed by two eagles.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO