GOOD FIND kids.!!

BUT......just a few side notes............
1) the road along the levee at the gated area.(not on top of the levee but
at the base of it) There are two signs at the beginning of this road a)
"Authorized Vehicles Only" b) "No Hunting, Fishing and No trespassing".
Um..... don't know if this applies to this road or the land on the levee
side, but just wanted people to be aware of these signs. Security is
probably taking note of the people that come and go..
You can still see the bird (just saw one) from in front of the chain link
fence gate though the view is a little restricted.
2) We had a Security guard from the power plant come and ask what we were
doing/what we were looking at. He was told about the kittiwake and that
other birders would be coming to look for it.
We said that was alright but NO pictures are to be taken.in this area. I
would assume due to security reasons/terrorism issues......so photographers
be forewarned as well.
No one from our group had gone down the road at the base of the levee then,
so that issue is not crystal clear.

Absolutely NO snow geese there in the late afternoon, but had one CACKLING
GOOSE, ~ 12 HORNED GREBES and one RED-SHOULDER HAWK.

Dress warmly!!!
Many roads on the way down had drifted/blowing snow.
Hopefully that won't be an issue on Sunday.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.