Plethora (!!) o' gulls to pick through.
Some were actually on the MO side sitting on the ice.
With little effort found:
-at least 5 (+?) adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULLS

From the MO approach (in IL) found flying:
3 adult THAYER'S GULLS - probably more than that
one 1W/2W GLAUCOUS GULL
re-found the darker mantled Herring gull type on the wall.
one 1W GREAT BLACK-BACKED GULL on the wall

Upstream from the Dam (still IL) sitting on the ice
one 1W GREAT BLACK-BACKED GULL
one 1W GLAUCOUS GULL

If the lighting was better (cloudy instead of full on sun) and the distance
to the birds was not so far, might have picked out many more.
Sure any gull experts would have found more species than I did in my short
time there.

BTW, water was open under the Clark Bridge with lots of waterfowl and gulls.

Water is open at the "My River Home" Marina, Our Lady of the Rivers Monument
and Hideaway Harbor (with a park ranger/secuirty guy watching my every
movement)

Tired to find Longspurs with a Snow Bunting tag-along, but it did not come
to fruition.
(too much traffic where the most birds were along the road).

Nitie-nite
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.