What role the auditory imagination?
P.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Diana Manister
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:10 AM
  Subject: Re: The Emotion of Art

  Dear CR:

  Although I know thoughts and feelings are different, I wonder if free associations one has to words, images and ideas in a poem would be considered to be thoughts or feelings. For example, the Ionian white and gold in the St. Magnus Martyr passage in TWL I associated with the splendour TSE saw in the Western tradition and, since he highlighted that image in a Christian church, I thought or felt he was connecting the two, as if Western secular tradition had an almost sacred glory for him. Now, was I thinking or feeling in making those associations? I do not know! LOL Diana

  .