Here's a piece of correspondence between friends that might be
  of some interest here.

  ~ CR

  cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Read the next posting at the List and you'd have reason
  to celebrate not being able to indulge these passions :)
  There's nothing glorious about them except in memory only!

  ~ CR

Swaran Singh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    I can no longer drink, not to talk of smoking. Why
remind me of those glorious days of a pretendedly
cynical and fake-dissolute youth!

Swaran

David Boyd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
      And see

  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6032125.stm

  - even smelly old Galouises in French cafes now on hit list - can't imagine the peasants of rural France will approve at all !

  - not sure what's happening in other EU countries - the Danes for example seem very fond indeed of their fags - which is not what one would expect in an otherwise very sophisticated / highly educated nation.......

  Regards

  David

Bored stiff? Loosen up...