David, I once took part in a psych lab experiment in college. A panel of 6 students, 5 of whom were in cahoots (conspiring together). The sixth was asked a question and gave an honest answer, but the other 5 usually agreed on a different, false answer, sometimes ridiculously wrong. After repeating the question several times, the sixth student usually agreed with the consensus. I'm happy to say that I stuck to my own opinion most of the time!! Diana

From: David Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: O.T. Re: FW: online disinhibition effect,
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 05:07:48 EST

There are probably extremely  strong associations too with those classic psychological experiments where otherwise quite normal and decent and intelligent individuals were perfectly willing to administer potentially lifethreatening electric shocks [and in increasing severity] to people who were strangers to them. [sorry, the exact attribution escapes me just now.]
Regards  David

Don’t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft® Office Live