The folks who run Tropical Birding, a relatively young company based in
Ecuador, have asked me to help get their catalog into the hands of likely
prospective overseas birders who live in the United States.   They have also
started a new company, Birding-America, whose guiding corps consists
entirely of graduates of the ABA's Young Birders group, and would like to do
the same with the catalog for this company.  This company will offer guided
tours within North America.

I am willing to help them out because they do a great job of recycling some
of their fees into worthwhile programs.   Tropical Birding allows guests to
pay up to $200 of a trip fee through American Bird Conservancy so that the
money goes to buy habitat in South America.   Birding-America is going to
put 20% of its profits back into the ABA Young Birders program.

The original proposal was that I would send them the names of 60 or so ABA
members from Missouri who I think might be interested in guided birding in
either the tropics or in the USA.  However, this could end up with some
catalogs being sent to people who have no such interest.   Other people with
a lot of interest might be interested but I would have no way of knowing
this.

If you have an interest in receiving the catalogs of either of these
companies please contact me off-line.   On the other hand, if you have
absolutely no interest in these types of guided trips and are an ABA member
please let me know also so that as I go through the ABA member directory I
do not tag your name for receiving a catalog that you do not want.

John Solodar

John Solodar
8135 Cornell Court
St.Louis, MO 63130-3639
314-862-5294

I have no financial interest in this venture at all.  I am simply doing it
to help an organization which really puts some money back into bird
conservation.  Also, their trips have been very well run and Nancy and I
have used Tropical Birding five times.