Thought I would update the plans for the scheduled field trip to REDA, St
Louis, MO.

I would like to know who plans to carpool Sat am, so we can meet at a
convenient, central location and so persons driving can prepare to drive.   So
please let me know as soon as possible.

I know that rain/snow is forecasted in the KC area.  I hope that  means that
it won't be in Saint Louis until the next day.  So the trip will  go on,
unless the weather makes it unsafe.

We will plan to leave KC at 4am and arrive at the Headquarters of the
Riverlands Environmental Demonstration Area, West Alton, Mo at 8:30 am.  So  that
means, stops for gas and restrooms only.  We will plan to stop at the
Mid-Rivers Mall Drive in St Peters for restroom facilities and quick food if  needed.
Please bring a lunch and snacks and water as we plan to bird  through lunch.
We will stop for dinner around Columbia on the return.  (Individual cars can
decide as they prefer.)

Dave Rogles and Tom Bormann will be joining us.  Dave warns that 30  degrees
feels like 0 degrees due to wind and cold off the river.  Please  bring warm
clothing as it takes time to scan the gulls.

Once on the area there will be restrooms at the HQ and the lock and  dam.
There is a McD's across the bridge.

Dave reports possible birds:  Lesser Black-backed Gull, Greater  Black-backed
Gull, Glaucous, Thayers and possible Iceland Gulls.  Surf  scoter has been
around for a few weeks. Lonspurs, Pipits, Western  Meadowlarks and Prairie
Falcon have been seen in the area recently.  Other  places are probably out of the
question due to time and distance.

We will take I-70 exit 370, exit 270 to Hwy 367 North.  REDA is to the  right
about 8 minutes.  Turn at the FISCA station.

I am looking forward to a very enjoyable, learning experience.

Please contact me through this email address or leave a message at
913-642-0498.  Be sure to let me know how to best reach you about the  meeting location.

helen hewins
overland park, ks 66212
913-221-4944