FIRST I will apologize NOW for my terseness, because I know I am going to
step on some toes
with my directness.

With out going into great detail (too much drama and carnage would ensue ;-)
I was initially entrusted with this information on Sunday by a birder that
documented this bird.
I was to find out the homeowner's stipulations BEFORE it was to be
broadcasted to the birding community.
BOY....... that sure didn't happen!!!!!!!!
The homeowners DID NOT want this information out on the INTERNET AT ALL!!
This information was leaked out without having permission from the
homeowners as to what were the guidelines of viewing this bird or whether or
not it was to be put out on the internet.

Since you can't unring this bell.........
Here are THE GROUND RULES to follow that the HOMEOWNERS stipulated birders
ADHERE:
1) Viewing times:
 9 AM to Noon and 2 PM to 4 PM (they need some time to themselves).
2) NO specific times were stipulated, but have some COMMON SENSE here.
NO calls before 9 AM. NO calls during dinner and NO late night calls (after
8 PM).
You might even call CALL at 9 AM to Noon and 2 PM to 4 PM.
These are very nice retired folks, so please don't overwhelm them.
Think for a second how YOU would want to be treated.
3) Call BEFORE coming to the house because the bird MUST be viewed INSIDE
THE HOUSE.
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT just show up and try to see the bird from the
backyard. These birds spook easily because of a neighborhood Cooper's that
frequents the backyard.
4) Only TWO to THREE people can come in the house and view this bird at a
time because of the limited space in the kitchen and laundry room  If larger
groups than that come, you must TAKE TURNS.
Look at the bird for a short period of time and then let others see it.
Don't bogart the bird or be a hoggy twitcher.
5) PLEASE be respectful of these folks and their property. They are opening
up THEIR HOME, so act like good guests should. Please keep the "end zone
jubilation" to a minimum in their home. Their is enough time for that in the
car or the local Steak n' Shake.
6) Just a suggestion from me.....maybe it would be NICE to bring a
quart/gallon sized ziplock bag of birdseed as a THANK YOU to these folks for
opening up their home to this sometimes motley crew.
As to type of seed: They use premium mixed seed from the Wildbird Store on
Lindbergh.
They also use black-oiled sunflower seed.
7) Please sign the list that they started for visitors.
8) Another reminder.....it doesn't matter what YOUR schedule is or how far
you have driven, the times to view the bird should be adhered to. You are
THEIR guests.

Please don't call or e-mail me about this bird.
I will not be keeping track of the bird for other birders (sorry, limited
time right now)
If you need directions, PLEASE access the archives and PLEASE DON'T put this
info out anymore on the internets.

MANY THANKS for your willing and exuberant CO-OPERATION.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.

.