Our Orange-crowned Warbler is still with us.  Don't know how it is  surviving
these single-digit temperatures, but appears to be doing well.   The bird is
now spending as much time as possible on the peanut feeder and  the suet
feeder and does not seem as skittish as it was when first here.   It will share the
feeders with other small birds, rather than flying off.

I've read that some small birds roost in groups to keep warm.  Have  also
read that warblers frequently travel in company of chickadees.  Does  anyone know
if the warbler may possibly be roosting in with a group of  chickadees to
stay warm at night?  Interesting thought.

It has been fun to have this out-of-season visitor here.  I have a  feeling
it could survive the entire winter, since it seems none the worse for  wear
after a few near-0-degree nights!

Karen Stair
Lee's Summit, MO