Edge's Rio Grande Valley summary reminded me that I have been meaning to get
this note posted for several days now.

The Iowa Ornithologists' Union has a trip scheduled to South Texas for April
27 - May 6 and would like to invite folks from our neighboring states to
join in the fun.  The trip will be led by Jim Bangma, who will be spending
the next couple of months down there, and me.  We also led the trip to SE
Arizona last summer that Steve Kinder and Larry Lade were on and I think
they would tell you that we had a pretty good time.

There are still six slots available and we hope to fill the trip in order to
keep costs down.  The only requirement is that you join the IOU ($20) so
that you would be covered under our blanket insurance policy.  We anticipate
seeing most, if not all, of the birds Edge mentions in her post as well as
perhaps a few others.  The trip convenes in Corpus Christi which gives folks
the option of driving or flying to there.  The loop from Corpus and back
will be done in rented vehicles with everyone assured of a window seat.

I need to nail down rooms and vehicles by March1 so if you are interested,
please register or at least let me know privately that you may be going
along.  More details are available at
http://www.iowabirds.org/iou/trips.asp.

Ann Johnson
Norwalk, IA