I was at Eagle Bluffs this morning and drove to the end of the main
road.  In passing by the road to pools 14 and 15,  I noted that the
gate was closed.  I  later called the office and was told that the
area is open to birders, and probably  the gate wasn't locked.

Among the thousands of Mallards were a few Gadwall and two
Pintail.   Except for one Redhead , there were no diving ducks.  Six
American Coot and one Pied-billed Grebe were seen.

At the southern end of the woodland trail I saw a Golden-crowned
Kinglet, but no Winter Wrens.

In the brush by the new handicapped blind I saw  White-crowned and
Song Sparrows.

On adult Bald Eagle was seen from the river access and on more adult
and two im. were at pool 10.

For anyone looking for Green-winged Teal,  they are abundant at
Wetland unit # 1.

On Jan 10, 2007, at 9:09 PM, Jonathan B. Pons wrote:

> Dear MoBirders,
>
> I Received a Call today from the Personel at Eagle Bluffs and they
> have
> Opened the Back Area where Pools 14 & 15 are, so we can Finally get
> back
> there and See whats Happening!!! Hopefully there will be something
> Interesting!!! I'll probably be heading out there sometime
> tomorrow, and will let
> you all know if I See Anything of note... Please Take Care.
>
> Yours,
> Jonathan B. Pons
> Columbia, Boone County

Bill Goodge