The Society for Reformation Research (SRR:
website at http://www.reformationresearch.org/ ),
a North American scholarly organization and
partner group to the Verein für
Reformationgeschichte, is concerned with
furthering scholarly research on the Protestant
and Catholic Reformations and all other aspects
of religious life in the early modern era.
Following our mandate, we will sponsor a variety
of sessions at the 2007 annual meeting of the
Sixteenth Century Studies Conference held in
Minneapolis, Minnesota (USA), from October 24-28 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel.

We will accept papers and sessions on any theme
related to Reformation research, but are
particularly interested in sponsoring a series of
sessions this year on the theme of "Reformation
Encounters with the Other." Papers could treat
any number of themes involving encounters between
differing groups in the area of theology,
religion, social and political relationships and
arrangements, travel narratives and literature,
and so on, in any context or period affected by
the Reformation or the long sixteenth century (c. 1450-1650).

We also seek papers for a series of panels
entitled "Religion on the Brink of Reformation,"
intended to bring medievalists and early
modernists together for comparative and epoch-bridging discussion.

Finally, as always, we would like to sponsor a
limited number of sessions on approaches to teaching the Reformation.

We encourage proposals both for individual papers
as well as full sessions; we particularly welcome
panels that offer closely focused comparisons
across national borders or those that include
scholars and scholarly approaches from different
continents. Papers should not have been
previously presented at any other scholarly
meeting nor have been published. The deadline for
submitting paper proposals (by mail or email) is March 15th.

If you would like to present a paper under the
auspices of the Society for Reformation Research,
or for more information about our programs,
please contact:

Susan R. Boettcher
c/o Lehrstuhl für die Geschichte der Frühen Neuzeit
Institut für Geschichtswissenschaften
Humboldt Universität
Unter den Linden 6
D-10099 Berlin