From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">cr mittal
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 7:44 AM
Subject: Re: FW: A.Word.A.Day--agonistes

What uncle Ralph Waldo Emerson said was:
"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."

Well, it's good to call into question people like me
who sometimes display no wisdom of their own but
just quote. So, what good is a quotation if it doesn't
quicken you into wisdom and make you stand, as uncle
Ralph said elsewhere, on your own feet. (Emerson's
essay on 'Self-Reliance')

Cheers!

~ CR

Then I onder what Uncle Ralphy's "I hate quotations" tells us?

Cheers,
Peter