  From: cr mittal
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 7:44 AM
  Subject: Re: FW: A.Word.A.Day--agonistes

  What uncle Ralph Waldo Emerson said was:
  "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."

  Well, it's good to call into question people like me
  who sometimes display no wisdom of their own but
  just quote. So, what good is a quotation if it doesn't
  quicken you into wisdom and make you stand, as uncle
  Ralph said elsewhere, on your own feet. (Emerson's
  essay on 'Self-Reliance')

  Cheers!

  ~ CR

    Then I onder what Uncle Ralphy's "I hate quotations" tells us?

    Cheers,
    Peter