Thanks, Vishvesh.

Incidentally, this article provides me an occasion to share a flash
I had had years ago as to the symbolic significance of the titles of
the four movements of the poem:

Burnt Norton : Norton as the poet's fictional name -- this Norton
obviously has a history of  having been "burnt" by the "fires" of
this world.

East Coker : The light comes from the East -- heralded by the
crowing of a cock. This is the light that comes from Norton's cultural
heritage, from his "tradition". A little license, perhaps, in reading a
"cock" in "Coker" :)

Dry Salvages : Norton reviews the futility of salvaging his lot in
earthly perspectives of time -- such salvages he finds, at best,
only "dry".

Little Gidding : The final answer to all his perplexities is found in
the course of certain fleeting moments of mystical revelation when
the outer sense is benumbed by a certain kind of "giddiness".

Well, I've been encouraged to share this flash, howsoever
capricious it might seem, by the following observation in the
article on 'A Pattern of Timeless Moments' :

"As one’s appreciation of the Quartets deepens, these geographical
titles come to be understood as symbols of significant stages in the
poet’s journey of spiritual self-discovery. "

Regards.

~ CR

P.S.  A gentle reminder!  In posting a reply to the List, please take
         care to drop unnecessary appendage from previous post(s).

Vishvesh Obla <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thank You CR, for finding a wonderful essay.

cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Listers,

Here's a reading of the 'Four Quartets', s'il vous plaît.
Interestingly, it's in continuation with our discussion of
time and timelessness in Eliot's poetry.

I'm pasting the article in apprehension of the vanishing act
of such stuffs.

Regards.

~ CR

http://www.artsci.lsu.edu/voegelin/EVS/2005%20Papers/Glenn%20Hughes.htm

A Pattern of Timeless Moments:
Existence and History in T. S. Eliot’s Four Quartets