Thanks, Vishvesh.

  Incidentally, this article provides me an occasion to share a flash
  I had had years ago as to the symbolic significance of the titles of
  the four movements of the poem:

  Burnt Norton : Norton as the poet's fictional name -- this Norton
  obviously has a history of  having been "burnt" by the "fires" of
  this world.

  East Coker : The light comes from the East -- heralded by the
  crowing of a cock. This is the light that comes from Norton's cultural
  heritage, from his "tradition". A little license, perhaps, in reading a
  "cock" in "Coker" :)

  Dry Salvages : Norton reviews the futility of salvaging his lot in
  earthly perspectives of time -- such salvages he finds, at best,
  only "dry".

  Little Gidding : The final answer to all his perplexities is found in
  the course of certain fleeting moments of mystical revelation when
  the outer sense is benumbed by a certain kind of "giddiness".

    Well, I've been encouraged to share this flash, howsoever

  capricious it might seem, by the following observation in the
  article on 'A Pattern of Timeless Moments' :

  "As one’s appreciation of the Quartets deepens, these geographical
  titles come to be understood as symbols of significant stages in the
  poet’s journey of spiritual self-discovery. "

  Regards.

  ~ CR

  P.S.  A gentle reminder!  In posting a reply to the List, please take
           care to drop unnecessary appendage from previous post(s).

Vishvesh Obla <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Thank You CR, for finding a wonderful essay.

cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Dear Listers,

  Here's a reading of the 'Four Quartets', s'il vous plaît.
  Interestingly, it's in continuation with our discussion of
  time and timelessness in Eliot's poetry.

  I'm pasting the article in apprehension of the vanishing act
  of such stuffs.

  Regards.

  ~ CR

  http://www.artsci.lsu.edu/voegelin/EVS/2005%20Papers/Glenn%20Hughes.htm

    A Pattern of Timeless Moments:
  Existence and History in T. S. Eliot’s Four Quartets