O, it's from Wordsworth only that I derive the line.
It stuck in my memory from my teaching of it
to the undergrads for numberless years :)

Thanks.

~ CR

Vishvesh Obla <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Wow, that was a good one, CR.

I was immediately reminded of  Wordsworth's 'Written in Early Spring', a short poem hardly noticed by many Wordsworth enthusiasts themselves!   I see a striking influence there.

'And much it grieves my heart to think
What man has made of man'

' Have I not reason to lament
What man has made of man?

(http://www.bartleby.com/106/272.html)

cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Birds, humans, gods
weaving a web of magic
here among the hedgerows
there among the rocks
and among the stars
the play of eclipses
and diamond-ring effects
there seems a pattern
common to all.

What man makes of man
is another tale though
that hangs by us alas!

~ CR

Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
The Icosasphere

'In Buckinghamshire hedgerows
the birds nesting in the merged green density,
weave little bits of string and moths and feathers
and thistledown,
in parabolic concentric curves'
and, working for concavity, leave spherical feats
of rare efficiency;
whereas through lack of integration,

avid for someone's fortune,
three were slain and ten committed perjury,
six died, two killed themselves, and two paid
fines for risks they'd run.
But then there is the icosasphere
in which at last we have steel-cutting at its
summit of economy,
since twenty triangles conjoined, can wrap one

ball or double-rounded shell
with almost no waste, so geometrically
neat, it's an icosahedron. Would the engineers
making one,
or Mr. J. O. Jackson tell us
how the Egyptians could have set up seventy-eight-
foot solid granite vertically?
We should like to know how that was done.