O, it's from Wordsworth only that I derive the line.
  It stuck in my memory from my teaching of it
  to the undergrads for numberless years :)

  Thanks.

  ~ CR

Vishvesh Obla <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Wow, that was a good one, CR.

  I was immediately reminded of  Wordsworth's 'Written in Early Spring', a short poem hardly noticed by many Wordsworth enthusiasts themselves!   I see a striking influence there.

  'And much it grieves my heart to think
  What man has made of man'

  ' Have I not reason to lament
  What man has made of man?

  (http://www.bartleby.com/106/272.html)

cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Birds, humans, gods
  weaving a web of magic
  here among the hedgerows
  there among the rocks
  and among the stars
  the play of eclipses
  and diamond-ring effects
  there seems a pattern
  common to all.

  What man makes of man
  is another tale though
  that hangs by us alas!

  ~ CR

Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  The Icosasphere

'In Buckinghamshire hedgerows
the birds nesting in the merged green density,
weave little bits of string and moths and feathers
and thistledown,
in parabolic concentric curves'
and, working for concavity, leave spherical feats
of rare efficiency;
whereas through lack of integration,

avid for someone's fortune,
three were slain and ten committed perjury,
six died, two killed themselves, and two paid
fines for risks they'd run.
But then there is the icosasphere
in which at last we have steel-cutting at its
summit of economy,
since twenty triangles conjoined, can wrap one

ball or double-rounded shell
with almost no waste, so geometrically
neat, it's an icosahedron. Would the engineers
making one,
or Mr. J. O. Jackson tell us
how the Egyptians could have set up seventy-eight-
foot solid granite vertically?
We should like to know how that was done.