  common to all.

  What man makes of man
  is another tale though
  that hangs by us alas!

  ~ CR

Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  The Icosasphere

'In Buckinghamshire hedgerows
the birds nesting in the merged green density,
weave little bits of string and moths and feathers
and thistledown,
in parabolic concentric curves'
and, working for concavity, leave spherical feats
of rare efficiency;
whereas through lack of integration,

avid for someone's fortune,
three were slain and ten committed perjury,
six died, two killed themselves, and two paid
fines for risks they'd run.
But then there is the icosasphere
in which at last we have steel-cutting at its
summit of economy,
since twenty triangles conjoined, can wrap one

ball or double-rounded shell
with almost no waste, so geometrically
neat, it's an icosahedron. Would the engineers
making one,
or Mr. J. O. Jackson tell us
how the Egyptians could have set up seventy-eight-
foot solid granite vertically?
We should like to know how that was done.