Dear Ken,

This is just to share my reflection on your "one is the other
(the act being different from the "fact").

It's in "action" alone that this identity becomes one --
the "fact" is imperfect.  As WB Yeats wrote 'Among
School Children':

Labour is blossoming or dancing where
The body is not bruised to pleasure soul.
Nor beauty born out of its own despair,
Nor blear-eyed wisdom out of midnight oil.
O chestnut-tree, great-rooted blossomer,
Are you the leaf, the blossom or the bole?
O body swayed to music, O brightening glance,
How can we know the dancer from the dance?

Or as Eliot remarked in the Four Quartets:

"but you are the music / While the music lasts."

The "samsaara" becomes "nirvaana" in the course of
righteous action. The aspect of "samsaara" undergoes
a sea change.

~ CR

Ken Armstrong <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Possibly, when you can SAY one is the other (the act being different from
the "fact"), there is in it the idea of "knowing the place for the first time."