My God! What profundity -- and how simply put !
No wonder the ancients were the measure of all things
-- time included.  Hey Peter -- pun intended :)

~ CR

i thinkAristtle got it right the first time (pun intended).
Time is the measure of motion.
We have created a magnified delusion for ourselves
by standardising time to the motion of the sun.
It is a somewhat convenient fiction, until
one really wants to pay attention to one's own experience.

P.