			The Icosasphere

            'In Buckinghamshire hedgerows
               the birds nesting in the merged green density,
                  weave little bits of string and moths and feathers
               and thistledown,
                      in parabolic concentric curves'
               and, working for concavity, leave spherical feats
                of rare efficiency;
                   whereas through lack of integration,

            avid for someone's fortune,
               three were slain and ten committed perjury,
                  six died, two killed themselves, and two paid
                fines for risks they'd run.
                        But then there is the icosasphere
               in which at last we have steel-cutting at its
                              summit of economy,
                   since twenty triangles conjoined, can wrap one

            ball or double-rounded shell
               with almost no waste, so geometrically
                   neat, it's an icosahedron.  Would the engineers
                                making one,
                        or Mr. J. O. Jackson tell us
               how the Egyptians could have set up seventy-eight-
                               foot solid granite vertically?
                   We should like to know how that was done.