Temur Kobakhidze wrote:

> Many many thanks for the web research you may have conducted to find the
> posts of the year 1998, by the memebers who are not anymore active on the
> list. In fact you gave me the full reconstruction of what I vaguely
> rememberd as something very impotrant for my current resecarch. Could I ask
> you to do me a favour and let me know if someday you come across with any
> further information on the subject? Any detection of TSE-Flemish/Dutch
> visual arts ties would be highly appreciated.

You're welcome Temur.  I used my private copy of the archives though and
not the web.  I'll see about getting more for you but I hope you aren't
in a hurry because I don't have Google or other search engines to help
me on my own machine.

After some thought I don't think that I'd be much help about whether Eliot
used the Eyck imagery in The Hippopotamus.  It's possible but there were
too many IFs and AND IFs making it possible.

Regards,
    Rick Parker