Dear CR: Not to worry, nothing is more appropriate to Hell than redundancy! Best, Diana

From:  cr mittal <[log in to unmask]>
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject:  Re: Bosch's Hell and Deluge (was: Hippopotamus and Adoration)
Date:  Thu, 28 Dec 2006 08:11:13 -0800

Diana,

Yesterday was an All Fools' Day for me :)

I had jumped into the fray with only a cursory glance at

what had transpired on the List on this subject. I now find

you have already shared with the List a series of Bosche images

from the Olga Gallery which include an excellent picture of

Hell -- the one which shows the bat-like figure. One can

have a look at it at the link you had posted:

Hieronymus Bosch. Hell. 1500s. Oil on panel. Palazzo Ducale, Venice, Italy.

http://www.abcgallery.com/B/bosch/bosch28.html

I must say Thank You, Diana.  I'm sorry for the omission.

~ CR

P.S. All the same, you'll appreciate the
fun of it : of me

        being a buccaneer setting sail in turbid waters --

        reaching the much sought-after treasure island, only

        to find everybody was already there !!!  And I heard

        the laughter at what a fool I had made of myself.

        Well, my only consolation lies in Mahatma

        Gandhi's remark that you laugh best when you

        laugh at your own self. :))

Dear Rick:

For 73 Bosch paintings, including less muddy versions of the ones to which you sent links, see:

These include the following:

Two Wings of a Triptych with Scenes of the Hell and the Flood

Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat

Fall of the Rebel Angels

Hell

Diana