From:  "Rickard A. Parker" <[log in to unmask]>
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject:  Bosch's Hell and Deluge (was: Hippopotamus and Adoration)
Date:  Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:29:35 -0500
Earlier I sent a note saying that I was not able to locate a copies of
the Bosch paintings mentioned here:
     According to Eliot (Poems, 1910-1930, p. 155), these details were
     inspired by a painting from the school of Hieronymus Bosch (a
     fifteenth-century Dutch artist), one called "Hell" or "The Sinful
     World" and forming a diptych with Bosch's "Deluge." In a part of the
     painting one can see a bat-like creature with dull human features
     crawling headfirst down a rock wall.

I've tried another search and I believe that I have found these paintings.
My new method was to search out the paintings in Dutch.
     "Jheronimus Bosch" zondvloed hel rotterdam

I found the paintings at
     http://www.statenvertaling.net/kunst/grootbeeld/144.html
The parent page is at
     http://www.statenvertaling.net/kunst/werken/jheronimus.bosch.html

Unfortunately the images are very muddy.

Regards,
     Rick Parker