MoBirders,

Today's RBA represents the last I will submit during this stint as
the Rare Bird Alert Compiler. Over the last few months I have begun
the transition into a new stage of my life: motherhood (we're due
just in time for peak spring migration). These changes, plus the
demands of a growing business, have prevented me from giving the RBA
service the attention it needs and that the birding community
deserves. This doesn't mean I'm going anywhere -- I will continue as
compiler for the Trimble Christmas Bird Count, and intend to be out
in the field as much as possible, now and in the future.

I have truly enjoyed serving as RBA Compiler for the last two years.
Thank you to the Missouri birding community and beyond for being so
supportive, for your constructive comments, and for finding such good
birds!

Resigning makes me a little sad, but I am also excited about the
person who will be taking over as your next Missouri RBA Compiler:
Josh Uffman, from the St. Louis area. Josh is a capable and
experienced birder who knows many of the birding nooks across
Missouri, has a good working knowledge of when and where different
species occur in the state, and maintains a commitment to good record
keeping. I am certain that he will do a fantastic job as Missouri's
RBA Compiler.

Good luck, Josh!

Good Birding and Happy Holidays,

Kristi Mayo