Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10054, phase=RECEIVE, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.0 - MOBIRDS-L Archives

Mryna Carlton and I looked for the NSHR this morning. We started at the spot where it was first seen. No luck - then I thought I spotted it a long distance away. Grey bird on top of small tree - right size! - turned out to be a Northern Mockingbird - then there were two NOMO chasing each other around - we ended up seeing a total of six of them around the area.
     We then widened our search for the NSHR by driving other roads nearby. This time Myrna spotted a Grey bird in a small tree on the West side of U hyw just south of jct. with A across from Poosey CA. This would be a mile or less from original site.It flew before we could get a scope on it, but we could see that it was a Shrike. It landed across the road in a tree behind us. Even before this we could see that it appeared to have some brownish coloration on the front. Before we could make a positive ID another vehicle going by caused it to fly off and we were unable to locate it again. Very frustrating!

   The bird Larry and I saw Monday did have some buffy-brownish color on the chest and throat like an immature in the field guides. However the mask was much darker than they show for an immature bird. The barring on the chest and the hook on the end of the bill were very obvious at close range [and with the right angle]and in the scope too - something that Myrna and I were unable to see well today. So I think it probably was same bird we saw today but not 100% sure.

  May try again in the morning.

   Steve Kinder
  Chillicothe, Livingston Co.