Ken Armstrong wrote:

> Amazon.com is importuning me to "pre-buy" a book called _Waste Land Case
> Study in Contemporary Criticism_ by Brooker, presumably Jewel Spears
> Brooker. Anyone heard any buzz on this? No doubt the absent "The" is
> Amazon's omission.

I searched but I've given up.  I've found that the author (editor) is
Peter Brooker, and the publisher is either St. Martins Press or
Bedford/St. Martins.  An author search for Brooker at both websites
(www.stmartins.com and www.bedfordstmartins.com) yielded nothing.
I've seen that the book came out in June 2006, October 2006 and
October 1906 (I guess not all Y2K problems have been fixed.)  I
haven't seen the missing "The" in any listing yet.

Regards,
    Rick Parker

P.S.  Thanks for the link CR.  There's stuff there I haven't seen.