Hi.  This is my first posting, so please forgive me if I seem awkward.  I
have a sighting I'd like to share.  Yesterday I visited the Overland Park
Arboretum for a day of birdwatching. I'd heard that they have some pleasant
trails, and found this to be true.  There was a lot of bird action.  I was
on the Bluff Loop Trail at a spot where Wolf Creek was running behind me,
when I stopped at a brushy area where I saw some activity down low.  My
pishing attempts brought a bird closer and closer and I excitedly trained
my binoculars on it because I knew it was something I'd never seen before.
Finally, when it came out of the shadows and hopped onto a limb on the
ground I got a good look at it.  It was a beautiful, vividly-colored male
Black-throated Blue Warbler.  Unfortunately, it was intent on feeding so it
soon disappeared back to the shadows in the undergrowth.  No amount of my
sad pishing attempts could bring him back into the open, but I could still
see him flitting around in the brush.  A Carolina Wren did come and check
me out though.  I have no idea how long this guy might stick around, but I
might go back to that spot this weekend to see if I get lucky enough to see
him again.