I. BIRDS:
- TGP
The BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER at Tower Grove Park was NOT seen by the
WGNSS Thursday group today. Anyone see it today?.... please post

-Riverlands MBS:
Greater White Fronted goose is still at Teal Pond.
Tons of cormorants
A few gulls (Herring and R-B, tried to make one into a California, but it
was too far away)
A few pelicans
Not much else during the middle of the day.
Just gotta' go in the evening and even then, it has not been too stellar.
Birding is boring right now.......:-P.

II. PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS (PSAs)
Riverlands MBS:
- NEW MAP of RMBS is out at office and at the kiosks around the area.
It also has the list of rules and regulations on the back of the printed map
(funny thing...they didn't put in the restrooms across from Heron
Pond....wonder why)
Probably at their website too:
www.mvs.usace.army.mil/Rivers/
- Waterfowl refuge time is Oct 15 - April 15. I would assume that Heron Pond
& Pecan Pond Trails will be closed as well as the levee pathway along Teal
Pond (where the Sharp-tailed Sparrows were reported by Josh
Uffman).......Get them now.
- They cleaned away the vegetation along Alton Barge Road, so there is
better viewing of the River on the IL side
- Have not seen any water in the Duck club impoundments along Confluence
road.

Two Rivers NWR (IL, Calhoun co)
- They shut down Oct 15 - Dec 31 for waterfowl refuge, so image DABBS ROAD
will  be closed then too if anyone is looking for S-T Sparrows up there.

OK, that are my good deeds for a long while......see ya' in the funny
papers.

Chow,
Charlene Malone
St.Louis co.

P.S. One thing that gave me a good chuckle........At Linc Shields, saw the
nearest blind where the bumbling hunter-boys were fighting over the
construction of their blind. Well it's all up now. Looks like the three pigs
could have built a better structure........Walls are only 3/4ths high with a
thin drape of camouflage cloth acting as a roof.
Those boys are goin' to get mighty cold & wet the first semi -cool, windy
day of duck season on the River.
Wish I could be a fly on the wall.....hee-hee.