Bob, and anyone else searching for the Smithville Sabine's:

I almost hate to say this, but the bird's still there. I observed the
juvenile Sabine's Gull from Crow's Creek, north campground area,
around 5:30 Sunday evening. The bird was hanging out on the fringes
(out of the way of boat traffic) with a small group of Franklin's
Gulls at the mouth of the cove that lies between Crow's Creek
campground and Crow's Creek picnic arm.

I got good looks through my scope at about 100 yards by parking at
one of the northernmost Crow's Creek camping lots and walking to the
nearby paved trail, then followed the trail north/west along the
shoreline toward the cove. This is also a good spot to get closer
looks at the thousands of Franklin's Gulls. One might also be able to
find a vantage point from one of the campground roads if a window
mount is necessary.

Each time I have observed the bird (with the exception of the Sept.
11 bird, which I suspect may have been a different individual) it has
been closest to the Crow's Creek shoreline. This is also where Doug
Willis found it from land earlier last week.

Hope your luck turns, Bob!

Kristi