Anyone wanting to see the SANDHILL CRANE in Scott County,  we just got back from talking to the owner that is hosting it.  This gentleman, Darrell Gosset, says the Sandhill Crane has been frequenting his yard for OVER 6 WEEKS!!!  It seems to be very tame, and uninjured.  You can walk right up to within a few feet of it, but you can't get close enough to touch it (PLEASE DON'T TRY!) before it flies. He says he has had a yard full of kids playing and the bird just ignores them.  Anyway, Mr Gosset welcomes anyone wanting to see it to come to his yard, and allowed me to post his phone number if you want to check to see if it is being seen.  573 - 472 - 2668.

He asks you PLEASE view the crane from the county road or his yard...there is plenty of room to pull off.  The fenced in area of cows where I reported it originally has MEAN BULLS and he wants no problems with liability. Do not go thru any gates or climb the fence. If the bird is not in this area near his house, it is probably on the other side of the road, behind you, in the large grassy field.

Please be courteous guys...and please drop me a line if you try for it and see it.

Later
Leslie Koller
Sikeston, Scott Co, Missouri